Monday, March 23, 2009

Moving on

It is so hard to get back to work. My artwork is supposed to be cheery and uplifting. Other than finishing a few swaps that had to go out, I haven't made anything in weeks.

In the last week of February, my father-in-law was diagnosed with cancer. It was already advanced. On March 18th he died. Everyone is crushed. Phil was such a good husband, father, and grandfather. My kids adore him.

The funeral on Friday was so tough. I think what got everyone through it was the family being together and telling stories. Laughing at happy memories. Even just being a family.

I will miss him so much. My kids need their Papa. My hubby needs his Dad.
But the world keeps turning, spring is creeping in, and we must get back to everyday life....

4 comments:

Julie said...

Xanthe,
Thinking of you. Take time to just "be" during these times of great loss. Be gentle with yourself. The creativity will return. I can truly know what you are going thru.
Hugs.
j

Anonymous said...

Oh Xanthe, I'm so sorry for your loss. Cary (my housemate) lost her father very suddenly to cancer a few years ago as well. We know your pain. *hugs you tight*

You and your family are in our thoughts.

~ Gianetta

quiltedcavalier said...

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Grief takes such a tight hold of us, let art help you through it... hugs!

I have given you a blog award over on my blog! Come on over and get it!

Thank you for the inspiring card art you share with us!

-Roberta

quiltedcavalier said...

I must correct my previous post (cut and past only works so good) it's not card art! I love your wonderfully colorful collage work!

-Roberta