Thursday, July 23, 2009

Carnival Day

In the years I've volunteered at my local library, I have planned so many kids activities but this was the most challenging! How to have a free mini carnival with prizes for a very small amount of money?

I came up with 5 games, face painting, and the library director hired a gal to make balloon animals. Everyone loves balloon animals! We had goody bags for all and two gift baskets in a drawing.

Yesterday was the day, 50% chance of thunderstorms in the forecast! I woke to a dreary rainy morning. I had my art fair tent set up outside and out two of the games inside in the Library meeting room. Luckily the rain stopped, sun came out, and we had a great turnout! I was swamped the whole time doing face painting, so a good friend and "helper" took photos.

Each game booth was run by volunteer carnies (my kids and friends from school). It was fun but exhausting and I don't want to do it again in the near future!

Everyone loved the bean bag toss..this game I got from my brother and
all I did was paint a bulls-eye on it
Yes, the game was knocking plastic golf balls off tees with a water filled ketchup bottle!
It worked better than a squirt gun.

Me painting ants down his arm :-)

1 comment:

carla said...

Great job. Ethan had fun and the girls were so sorry they missed it. Loved the balloon poodles though. Nice job. Nice turnout. I would say a success.