Wednesday, September 01, 2010

First Day of School

I hate September 1st! I love having the kids home all summer and First Day of School is a sad day for me. But hopefully they are having a good time with their new teachers, new classes etc..
How do I spend First Day? I had breakfast with a friend whose son started kindergarten...boy do I remember that day! Hard to say good-bye and see them go, but at the same time it is terrific for the child.
I also got to shave my cat, yes I had to shave my cat! My kitty, Oscar is sick and cannot walk right now. He may get over this or not, but in the mean time I want him to be comfortable. Since he cannot do his business in the litter box, I shaved his fur and put a diaper on him. He was actually fairly cooperative. Now he is resting on the back of the couch, looking out the window. Poor guy is just over a year old and has a heart problem that causes blood clots. A clot is why he cannot walk. We're hoping the meds will break up the clot and give him more time.
Now I'm off to make and can spaghetti sauce....yummy!

No comments: