Sunday, April 22, 2007

Career Talk

The career talk last week at my daughter's school went very well. The kids were very interested in not only the process of art, but also my artwork. I set up on the edge of the stage (yes I had to do the talk in the auditorium). I spread out some of my materials, artwork and fun things I've received in swaps. The kids asked very good questions and kept me busy for 45 minutes! I never thought I'd be able to talk about my artwork that long. After I was done, they filed past the edge of the stage to look at everything I set up. Emma handed out the bookmarks I made to everyone. I had a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to doing it again when Ethan is in third grade.
The next day I was surprised by a Thank-You collage
Emma's class made for me.
Very cool and sweet.
This experience made me think of this famous quote----"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." Pablo Picasso


This is also on the WIST blog

No comments: