Thursday, April 05, 2007

Finally some new stuff and a few thoughts.....just a few

These are bookmarks I made from a recent collage. The collage combines my love of reading, birds, and plants. I'm going to add twine or ribbon and send them off to Craftstravaganza for swag bags!!!

I have been working, just not taking photos and listing. I added 2 charms on Etsy and more to come! I'm not sure if I want to list anything larger yet.

....thoughts....
I've had this blog for just over 6 months and I'm still trying to "find my feet". What is my goal? What should I say? I'm not the journaling type. I don't want to talk about my family and kids in detail. I know lots of blogger who do, but I'm nervous in this day and age throwing my kids out there. I don't want to talk about anything heavy, like religion or politics. I like to talk about art, but what to say? I admit I don't have grand, high falutin reasons for making what I do. I just have a need to create...I have to get it out.

Sometimes just sketching in my book is enough. Sometimes not. I have tons of unfinished pieces in my basement. I may finish some, though probably not all. Most I'll probably cannibalize for other projects. My purpose in art is to make people smile. I'm drawn to the patina that comes with age, items that seem to have no value to anyone, but I also love all things childlike. Bright colors, simple shapes, and an attachment to home and family.

I guess that is enough for now...

3 comments:

limes said...

I don't know what you should post about, but I like it when you do. I vote for more. Maybe not have any preconceived notions for what you'll write about, just let stuff come up/out as it will? I like reading about artists' process in creating, both practical (i.e., materials used, steps taken, etc.) and internal.

Xanthe said...

Good suggestion, I guess I just need to practice. Bloggers are made not born????

limes said...

Yes indeedy!