Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Tagged by Jen


Six interesting things about myself....hmmmmm I'm not sure what others would call interesting but, here it goes:

1. Years ago I worked at various Park Service locations along the Mall in Washington DC. I worked up at the 490 ft level of the Washington Monument, inside the Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, and Arlington National Cemetery. I wasn't a Park Ranger, I worked in the historical bookstores.

2. I love to read and to stay up waaay too late reading. Not unusual for me to only get a few hours sleep, just so I can finish a good book. I just finished "Elves of Cintra" by Terry Brooks.

3. I am a SciFi geek. I love the TV show "Stargate SG1". I also thoroughly enjoy "Army of Darkness" and other Bruce Campbell movies. His books are worth reading. I laughed so hard at "Make Love* * the bruce campbell way"

4. When I was a kid, I used to read books about survival. You know, how to make shelter, desalinate water, start a fire etc... But the first time I went camping was in college. We were in the Ozarks during spring break and I was totally freaked out the whole first night. Can you say "Blair Witch Project"? Except I was imagining toothless hillbillies with axes. Very embarrassing!

5. I love chocolate and PB, chocolate and mint, and....ok chocolate! Yummy!

6. I am a horrid speller! My 9yr old spells better than I do. My grammar and punctuation needs work too! If it wasn't for spell check I would have spelled grammar wrong!!!! When I see a misspelled word, I know it is wrong. I just don't always know how to fix it.

I decided not to tag anyone else, but if you want to see who Jen tagged.......go here :-D

2 comments:

MineFull said...

Hey Xanthe, I like your list!
Working at the historical bookstores sounds like an awesome job!
Thanks for sharing :)
Jen

Emily Stowe said...

hey xanthe! i'm glad i found your blog, i happened upon it through a link on one of my friends' pages. great to see you again at artapalooza! check out my blogger page too. :)