Monday, October 08, 2007

How Cool is Michelle Ward?

Very cool!

**********************************************


"In Motion"

This past weekend I took a class with Michelle Ward. Firstly, she is a great teacher! Her enthusiasm and energy is infectious. This class was at Valley Ridge Art Studio (...again) and it was called "Backstage Pass"
We created a small 6x8 inch shadow box assemblage and kept a journal during the process. We sketched ideas, worked out problems and tried new techniques that are in the journal, but may not have ended up in the assemblage
.


a few of my process pages




Think of it as a design file. With clippings and paint swatches, a peek into the process. A great reference for further exploration of an idea or a technique....and fun too. My assemblage is not complete yet. I need to dig out the right sized gear to put under the left foot for balance. My journal doesn't have much writing. Mostly experiments with paint techniques and finishes. I liked the whole process and I will continue to use her suggestions. I forgot my camera, but hopefully Michelle will post some of the pics she took on her blog.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Thank you for the peek inside your journal!

Anonymous said...

xanthe - awww, you make me blush. thanks for your kind words. what great photos of your piece and your journal! it makes me so happy that you will continue using a journal as part of your process. *high five*

&rew said...

Your journal and assemblage are COOL! Thanks for sharing! Andrew