Monday, August 18, 2008

A class with Misty Mawn

The class at Valley Ridge I took this time was "Four Seasons: Mixed Media For All Seasons" with Misty Mawn. 

What a blast! This was a rowdy and fun group. Misty was patient and encouraging. It gave me the nerve to try my hand at some new things. Painting faces! Not me, I've avoided the human form except in a cartoony fashion. I took a life drawing class almost 15 yrs ago and barely passed. Boy was I bad. So I gave up. I know, I know that was the wrong choice. Sometimes I give up too easy. 

I had so much fun on the two faces I painted over the weekend, that I want to keep trying!

The Class


Misty at work


My Autumn painting (11.5 x 9 inches)
This was my first attempt at face painting in at least 20 yrs. 
Not too bad, but I need a lot of practice!


Everyone working hard!


This was my Spring painting/collage called "Containing" 11.5 x 9inches

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hey there Xanthe!!!

Wow, looks like a great experience at the workshop!!! You lucky woman!!!

J.